|2014 Ault Park Series|
|Written by Jonathan Spicker|
|Thursday, 30 April 2015|
30th Annual 2014 Ault Park
Points Race Training Series & Plus ONE! Night
Queen City Wheels
Entry includes $3 USAC insurance surcharge. USAC #2014-1772
Wednesdays: 5/28, 6/4, 6/11, 6/18, 6/25 (series concludes), 7/2 (Plus ONE! Event)
July 2nd is Plus ONE! Night with Big Prizes and Wheel Lottery Drawings
Mechanical Support by Montgomery Cyclery
Weekly Primes & Drawing for Shimano C35 Wheels for all entrants from the 20k & 40K series
Wheels provided by Shimano
Increased Weekly and Series Prizes with new Primes for All Events
Fun, Music, Food Trucks and much, much more
Entry Fee: $20 per night, includes $3.00 Rider Insurance. Entry is free to 2014 QCW members racing in the current Team QCW kit. Juniors are $5.00. On-line registration with series prepay discounts are available at BikeReg.com. Race-day registration is available with NO late fees. Entry fees are non-refundable.
Course: Located on a slope the 1km oval course rises and descends approximately 75 feet per lap. The surface is fairly smooth with one slight corner and one speedy downhill with a couple of serious bumps, followed by an uphill sprint with the sun at your back. It is also closed to traffic and perfect for both new and experienced racers.
Directions: Located inside Ault Park the course and parking may be accessed from Observatory, Principio or Heeken avenues, in the 45208 Cincinnati zip code. A Google map is available from the Ault Park Race page at www.QCW.org.
· Riders must sign the rider release WEEKLY.
· Riders will be issued one bib number for the entire series AND July 2nd race. Replacement numbers subject to a surcharge.
· Riders must race the category displayed on their license. One-day license available for 20K & 16K races only.
· Food trucks and entertainment.
· Great new primes and prizes for all events.
· Prize list and distance subject to change based on the promoters’ discretion.
· Riders are limited to one race per night.
· Races held rain or shine, no refunds
· Points Series based on first 5 races, 6th bonus race on July 2nd (Don’t miss it)
· No lapped riders
· July 2nd race is separate from the series with cash prizes the same as the nightly payout during the series, plus a drawing for Shimano wheels and other prizes for riders of the 20k and 40k races.
· Each weekly entry gets your name put into the raffle drawing on July 2nd. Must be present to win.
Complete information and results are available at www.QCW.org.